The lecture will be held in the social hall at United Methodist Church located at 6875 W. 173rd Pl. in Tinley Park, IL.
The Michael Dardant Lecture:
“Bitten By A Wizard”
Now the award winning magician brings his hilarious style to the lecture circuit.
Teaching is nothing new to the young comedian as Michael has been an instructor of disctinct skills ranging from juggling to martial arts. He recently completed three online beginner courses on magic for a company called FabaTV.
His lecture begins with explanations of 3 of the original effects from his 1st place Close-Up Act. Then comes a barrage of fun-filled lessons detailing principles in misdirection, comedy writing and showmanship. Originality, versatility and adaptability are prominent topics of Mike’s lesson plan guaranteeing onlookers will emerge as more well rounded performers.
Some of the subjects covered in the lecture:
- Making sense of your movements
- Using interchangeable props
- Adding improvisation to magic
- Making your routines versatile
- Adapting to different audiences
- Creating entertaining storylines
- Finding happy coincidences
- Developing original material
- Invisible Triumph- Without the use of any props, a spectator who leaves the room is able to name an imagined card
- Impromptu Topit- Pretty much what the name means; vanish and produce an object without the use of a Topit
- Temperature Coated- Michael’s incredibly unique spin on the “Chicago Opener”
- Toxic 20- 2 different spectators are able to simultaneously read out the same serial number of a borrowed bill
- Dis N Dat- Sponge Balls with a Cajun Flair. An easy routine altered to fit any theme.
- Anti Gravity Ring – 3 Original sleights involving ring and coin manipulation
- The Power of 3 – In magic as in life, everything happens in threes.
Once again, Michael will be lecturing on May 19 at 7:30. The lecture will be held in the social hall at United Methodist Church located at 6875 W. 173rd Pl. in Tinley Park, IL.
Admission is only $15. See you there!